As a dog owner, it is your responsibility that you make your dog as comfortable. A few years ago, I adopted a lovely shichon. Once I brought him home, I started my search for the best dog bed and being honest. I found countless options that I could go for. However, at the same time, there was some confusion.
For the first time buyer, these things are not easy and can easily result in some difficulties; that we don't want.
If you own a lovely shichon and you are looking for a dog bed for them. Look no further as in this roundup we are not only going to take a look at the best dog beds available in the market. but we are also going to take a look a proper buying guide that should help you. This roundup is best for not just new dog owners; if you are familiar with dogs, this is for you, as well.
Top 3 Dog Beds For Shichon in 2020
- Ultra Plush pet Bed: Gray Ombré Swirl deluxe dog bed & cat bed works great as a stand...
- Perfect pet Bed for Toy Breeds:| Ideal for dog & cats weighing upto 12 pounds, this pet...
- PLUSH PET TENT: We’ve designed these tent houses for dogs and cats using faux suede,...
- GREAT INDOOR LOOK: The timeless style of our corduroy beige plush pet beds allows them to...
- HIGH-QUALITY MATERIALS: Solid Memory Foam base for perfectly to your pet's body for...
- BETTER DESIGN:The base high-density memory foam can provide the ultimate sleep experience...
For anyone who knows how their dog sleeps, buying the right bed is an easy task. However, there are times when dog owners find themselves confused in the process of buying a dog bed. Simply because there are just so many options to choose from.
Thankfully, we understand the sentiments that you are experiencing. Keeping those in mind we have decided to pen down a definitive buying guide. This guide should aid you in the overall buying experience when you are talking about the best dog beds.
The Material Used in The Dog Bed
I know it might seem like a decision where you can often cut corners, but that is not or should not be the case. If you are buying a dog bed for your pup, then it has to be good and should offer a lot of support and rest for them, as well.
That being said, dog beds are offered in several different materials. So it can be confusing for a newcomer. Thankfully, we have covered a handful of options so you are not lost finding out what is good and what is not.
Below, we have mentioned some of the available material options that you can choose from.
- Memory Foam: We have discussed dog beds made out of memory foam before, as well. They are excellent. Regardless of the size of the dog breed. However, memory foam dog beds are excellent specifically for large dogs. Because these beds are also considered orthopaedic beds. Therefore, they are great for the well being and rest.
- Support Foam: This type of foam is is considered as a cheaper alternative to memory foam. This is made out of polyfoam, and is not as effective as memory foam. However, if your dog does sleep peacefully, then going for this type of foam is not a big deal.
- Polyfiber: You may have seen your dog enjoying his time on your beanbag. If that is the case, then polyfiber is a great option. The good thing is that beds made out of this material have the same feel. This is great for small dogs, however, the same cannot be said about the larger dogs. Therefore, you must keep in mind.
Although there are some other types like cedar, due to their mediocre performance. They are not as widely considered to be good.
What is The Shape of The Dog Bed?
Whenever you are in the market looking for a dog bed. You will find these beds in a number of different shapes as well as sizes. This can be a confusing factor for those who are new to the market or have not experienced a situation like this.
Understanding different sizes is easy. It is important as well, since you have to be aware of just how big your dog is in the current state. Obviously, they have to grow, as well. However, determining the perfect shape is what is difficult for most people. That is what we are going to take a look at.
- Pillow Beds: These are also known as cushion bed, they come with a flat and even surface. These beds are not raised from the sides and are often rectangular. These beds look a lot like your standard mattresses, so it is important to know.
- Orthopaedic Beds: These are great for older dogs or dogs that have achy joints. Normally on the more expensive side, these dog beds come with thicker cushioning. You may also come across some beds that are made out of memory foam for added support.
- Doughnut Beds: Also known as bagel beds. These bed are circular and come with an elevated sidewall. The sidewalls have more cushion to them, which provides great support.
These are some of the most commonly available shapes available. However, aside from this, you should not forget about the size of the dog as well as whether they are tall or just big. These factors, although might seem rudimentary. They do add up to how the overall buying experience is going to be like.
Your Budget is Very Important
Although the best beds are not ridiculously expensive. It is important that you do need to know that you should not be cheaping out on in this situation. Your dog needs just as much rest as you and spending good money is important. With that said, it is important to know that when we are talking about dog beds. The ones that are made for larger dogs will cost you more. However, the cheaper ones for small size dogs are also available in the market.